Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I wrote yesterday to this blog, am slightly bemused not to see it on screen. Perhaps whatever great spirit rules the Klamath basin - am I in the Klamath basin here - is having a joke at my expense. Or maybe it's Coyote or Raven. A black construction paper raven is taped to my living room window. I don't know why. It's big and cut carefully. Am I protected? Am I a mark? My deadbolt lock on the laundry room door is broken inside the door so that I cannot open it. I have to go out the front door, unlock the deck gate, clambor up onto the deck (it's about three feet off the ground) in order to get my firewood. I need firewood. The electric space heater (there is one) is inefficient and it is expensive to heat with electricity here. Luckily, it has warmed up in the last few days.

No comments: